Overview: In January 2015, we were engaged by global fashion e-tailer boohoo.com to manage its social media community across Australia (AU) and New Zealand (NZ). We were tasked to provide the international e-tailer with strategic and creative direction, with a focus on the activation and maintenance of Boohoo’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts across both markets. Red…Details
With sales in pasty declining YOY, Pampas Pastry needed a way to stabilise its declining sales figures and encourage more people to make pies.
Red Agency worked with our sister agencies Havas Worldwide and Havas Media to launch ‘Re-pie-cling’. An integrated campaign with a focus on PR and Social Media, we aimed to reduce food wastage by using leftovers for the filling of a pie.
We identified celebrity sustainability chef, Matt Stone, as the campaign ambassador providing credibility on the issue of food waste and adding media value. Watch our intro clip -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5X25oysQ_c
We worked with Matt Stone to create a suite of Re-pie-cling video recipes. Our secret ingredient was data! We conducted Galaxy Research to identify what foods Australians threw away most and analysed Google trends to reveal top search data related to leftovers. Watch our Curry Puffs video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5X25oysQ_c
With a limited budget, earned media was a key driver for awareness with tactics including:
We worked collaboratively with our creative and media teams to launch Pampas Pastry on to Facebook and create social content and conversations about Re-pie-cling. Activity included:
- Facebook Q&A with Matt Stone
- Re-pie-cling Facebook Competition
- Mouths of Mums Partnership
- 50+ pieces of media coverage was secured across general news, food and lifestyle media including national syndication across News Corp.
- Total campaign audience reach of 20,313,731 across traditional and social media
- Earned media exposure achieved within all Australian states
- Earned media coverage included Galaxy Research findings, recipe content, our campaign key visual and commentary from Matt Stone
- Our Re-pie-cling recipe videos had 1.8 million views online
- The new Pampas Pastry Facebook fanbase grew by 67%
- While the category is still in decline, Pampas sales increased during the campaign period.