Overview: Red Agency worked with Yahoo7 to launch Tumblr, the world’s fastest growing social network, into the Australian market. Following the acquisition of Tumblr by Yahoo Inc, Australia was the first country to have the founder David Karp visit for media opportunities. Our brief was two fold: 1. Secure in-depth coverage across Australia’s key media &…Details
Red Agency was tasked with launching PLUS7 Exclusives in Australia – a range of brand new online TV show on Yahoo7.
To do this, we needed a creative idea that would:
- Drive awareness of PLUS7 on Yahoo7 as a destination for exclusive content
- Encourage downloads of the PLUS7 app and streams of the new PLUS7 Exclusives shows
- Deliver positive media coverage
- Generate social conversation
On 21 July 2015, Red Agency launched PLUS7 Exclusives with an interactive half-court shot competition in Sydney’s Martin Place. After launch, we took the activation to Westfield Parramatta and Westfield Miranda to achieve maximum visibility. With a focus on one of the first shows to launch on PLUS7 Exclusives – Sin City Saints, an off-beat comedy that follows the foibles and follies of a Las Vegas basketball franchise, we gave audiences the chance to shoot hoops like the pros in the show for the chance to win $1,000. To attempt the shot, people had to download the PLUS7 app, driving downloads and awareness. To add media value and drive consumer interest, we engaged with Sydney’s own pros, the Sydney Kings, with star players at each activation.
- The Martin Place activation kicked off with an exclusive segment on Sunrise
- More than 40 articles appeared across news, media, technology and lifestyle publications, reaching a combined audience of over 24 million Australians
- Coverage profiled PLUS7 Exclusives, the three activations, Sydney Kings engagement and the range of exclusive shows coming to PLUS7, primarily Sin City Saints
- Social conversation amplified the launch activity with Sydney Kings, Yahoo7, mUmBRELLA, Techly, Mediaweek, AdNews & Westfield all posting about PLUS7, along with consumers who participated
- More than 6,300 consumers downloaded the PLUS7 app over the three days
- 1,500 consumers attempted the half-court shot