Overview: In January 2015, we were engaged by global fashion e-tailer boohoo.com to manage its social media community across Australia (AU) and New Zealand (NZ). We were tasked to provide the international e-tailer with strategic and creative direction, with a focus on the activation and maintenance of Boohoo’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts across both markets. Red…Details
Red Agency worked with Yahoo7 to launch Tumblr, the world’s fastest growing social network, into the Australian market. Following the acquisition of Tumblr by Yahoo Inc, Australia was the first country to have the founder David Karp visit for media opportunities.
Our brief was two fold:
With limited access to David Karp during his visit, we identified Tier 1 media opportunities that would achieve national reach amongst consumers and also engage and educate the business audience. A glittering trade launch event was also held that was attended by 20 media and 400+ advertising and media agency people. Following the event formalities, we hosted a Media Q&A with David Karp and Yahoo7 CEO Ed Harrison to provide our additional media targets with access to quotes and insights to add to their stories.
- For launch week, we secured 30+ pieces of coverage about Tumblr’ official launch in Australia
- Secured four Tier 1 interviews for David ahead of the event
- Tier-1 coverage was achieved in both consumer and business
- Both our national newspapers, The Australian Financial Review and The Australian covered the story
- We secured an in-depth segment on the country’s leading breakfast TV program, Sunrise
- 25 media attended the event with a number of outlets, including Mashable, using our event photography in articles