Leading PR, social and experiential agency, Red Agency, has picked up two awards and has been shortlisted in seven further categories at the 2016 Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA) Golden Target Awards, which this year celebrates its 40th year of recognising excellence in Australia’s public relations landscape.
After winning six awards at PRIA’s national ceremony, held in Hobart in 2015, Red Agency has the opportunity to go beyond that feat after success at the Queensland State Awards and a series of nominations at the NSW State Awards for its work with a range of clients.
Red Agency’s Brisbane team are already celebrating two wins at the Queensland State Awards:
- Small budget/Pro bono – Walking Wounded – a campaign raising awareness of the psychological issues faced by Australian soldiers who have experienced hardships on their return from service.
- Top sPRinter – Taylor O’Conner – commended for being one of Queensland’s top PR stars.
Red Agency are further shortlisted in the following categories at the NSW State Awards:
- Large Consultancy of the Year
- Top sPRinter – Charmaine Tanti.
- Sustainability/Corporate Responsibility – Re(pie)cling for Pampas – a campaign delivered with the Havas Village agency partners that encouraged recycling of ingredients to make delicious meals.
- Small budget/Pro bono – Captain’s Ride for Steve Waugh Foundation – a campaign that saw Red Agency and the Havas Creative Group raise awareness of the thousands of rare diseases affecting children and young adults across Australia.
- Comprehensive/Major campaign – Vivid Sydney for Destination NSW – an intensive campaign promoting the annual Vivid Sydney festival and Unlimited for Western Sydney University – a university recruitment campaign which included the rebranding of the university, aiming to change perceptions and celebrate the achievements and credentials of the university.
- Integrated Marketing and Communication Campaign Strategy – Unlimited for Western Sydney University – partnering with creative agency We.Collective, this campaign rebranded and relaunched a University through powerful alumni stories.
Red Agency Group CEO James Wright said: “Over the past 12 months, we have created some innovative and compelling campaigns that have made a huge impact and attracted attention both domestically and internationally. It is a testament to the dedication, skills and talent of our teams and clients that we are once again recognised at these awards. The public relations industry is evolving rapidly and it’s an exciting time for all of us so naturally, I’m thrilled for Red Agency to be at the forefront. Here’s hoping for more success in the coming weeks!”
The PRIA NSW Golden Target Awards will be held on Thursday 6 October.